Hello, my dear young filmmakers and others!
I came to ask your advice at picking worthy books for directors on subjects as listed below:
1) work with actors and anything else related
2) arranging rehearsals of the scenes while shooting the film
3) shooting the scenes with dialogs and anything related
4) the dynamics of a picture and scene overall, camera movements and everything related
5) director`s work on a scene using some distinctive examples
6) multi-camera work and anythinig related
7) artist`s work to make a picture perfect! with no surplus stuff
8) anything on making series? any guide or reference for directors?
thanks in advance! any reasonable advice will be appreciated!
I recently decided to take a break from college to try to get my life together. I am very interested in film and in making it my career. It was suggested that I volunteer at as many independent film sets as possible to build a name and reputation. Do you know of any ways to make connections to such things? I have no idea where to begin. Thank you!
You must like movies right? Would you like to make movies too? Well I would.
That is what Aegri Somnia Vana (ASV) is here for. I am hoping to begin a team of people with a passion for film who would like to actually make a film with me.
If you can: Act, Write, Edit, Direct, or would like to, or just have some cool ideas you would like to see on a screen, post post post! Hopefully you are available to meet up in the Long Beach area; if not, you are welcome to stay and chat about upcoming films, show us your films, or discuss your views or problems with filming.
The projects I have in mind are short and long film, of all possible genres without a budget, sketch comedy, and documentaries. Of course, new ideas, your ideas, and ideas in general are very welcome here.
About me; I am an aspiring filmmaker, 18, just beginning college. The road to a film career is a long journey, but you can't make films with only one person. I like the idea of starting up a team of people that function as both cast and crew who can all get together and be creative, and hopefully produce something we can be proud of while gaining valuable film experience. Also, who wants to go to school and work and nothing else? I figure it is a worthwhile expenditure of energy.
By the way, Aegri Somnia Vana is latin for "A Sick Man's Empty Dreams."